Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Question on His Mind


Lately every time they’ve talked he’s been joking
in a way that she admits sometimes gets under her skin
Yet she knows he does it just to see what her reaction might be
so she’s learned how to take what he says and
turn it back around on him
This game they play is usually followed by the question on his mind

What is that question you may ask?
Well, the question he always asks at the end of their game is
How do you put up with me?
This is the point at which she feels the pain from a minor heartbreak
he doesn’t know this question has just caused but
Despite this her answer is always the same and it will always be that way
as long as she can draw a breath
I love you good, bad or indifferent
You deserve to be loved just as much as anyone
So as I sit here today I promise you with all my heart  
I will do everything in my power to make sure that you are  

Even though there are times she wishes
he would tell her how he feels, minus the games
She can’t imagine her life without him in it and
for that matter she hopes she  never has to

No comments:

Post a Comment