Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Wish I Could’ve Loved You

Dear Ex lover who shall remain nameless
Not because I'm ashamed of who you were but
I can admit the truth to myself now
The truth is oh sweet memory of my past
I'm ashamed of how I treated you
someone that loved me more then I deserved
You gave me your heart my dear
asking nothing but love in return
How could I have been so blind?
I wish I could've loved you
the way you loved me

I tried sweetheart I really did
You and I were young and well
I didn't even know what love was at the time
Yet no matter what I tried I couldn't make
my heart feel something it didn't
The love I once felt and still feel for you is like
the love between best friends
A love without end

I know this poem comes years too late and
the dreams you had of us lay broken at my feet
For all those broken dreams and
your broken heart I'm so sorry
I wish I could've loved you
the way you loved me
If you ever read this
I hope you find a girl who
can love you more than I could, and or did
Love, the girl who thinks of you
more often than you know

No comments:

Post a Comment