Friday, December 14, 2012

Heaven's Next Angel

If I had one more chance to ask
I’d ask you why you were so sad?
Wish you could have let me in
so you wouldn’t feel so bad
I was always just one call away and
would have listened without judgment
If you needed me all you had to do
was ask for help and
I would have been right there
If you doubted that
well you should’ve asked your son
I’m sure he would have told you
in my book family’s number one

Yes, I had sorrows too but
I would have pushed my pain aside
If I knew you were so blue
The pills were a gamble you took
Now look, you are heaven’s next angel
I hope God gives you your wings soon
So your spirit can surround us with
the love only you can give

I sit here as tears dwell deep
within my heart for you
A heart that now has a missing piece
a piece you took with you
So heaven’s next angel here’s to you

No comments:

Post a Comment