Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Rest of Your Life

I see myself as a young girl reflected back at me
When I look at you all I want
 for you is the best life you could ever have
 You, a girl who has one of the biggest hearts I know
 A girl that inspires me to be the best person I can
You’ve taught me things about love
that only you could teach 

You like me at your age can’t wait to grow up
and take life by the horns  
Oh how I wish I were your age again
when my only worry was being on time for a friend’s birthday party

I know you don’t want to hear this but
try to hold on to your childhood for as long as you can
You have the rest of your life to be an adult
Trust me it’s not as glamorous as it seems and
there will be times you’ll wish you could do it all over again 

No comments:

Post a Comment