Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Open Our Hearts

She was a strong woman who never met a stranger
If her friends and or family needed something
she’d walk to the ends of this earth to make sure they got it
She like me always put herself last on her list and
never had a negative word to say

When she and I first met I felt as if I’d known her for years
Meeting her was like meeting a friend you
never knew you always had
God knew those of us that got a chance to know her
needed an angel’s light in our lives
So now I’m here with tears in my heart
thanking Him for granting me with the gift
of her presents in my life

She’ll only be one heartbeat away if we
hold on to the memories we shared with her
I pray I can carry on her legacy by
encouraging myself as well as all who  knew her to
open our hearts and love one another
 the way she did and always will

No comments:

Post a Comment