Thursday, February 9, 2012

Player

Man, you ain’t fooling me with
your poor attempts at swagger
Tryin to be as smooth as silk but this country girl
thinks you’re rough round the edges to say the least
Player , I’m not just any woman I’m the one you say
you want and only wish you could have
You can’t just walk into my life expecting me to drop everythang
just because you say that’s the way it has to be

There’s only one beautiful irony
in this weird moment we are now sharing
Before you ask me what the irony is
I have one question
Don’t you see the rang on my left hand?
I see your next question forming in your mind
so I’ll answer it before you ask
Yes I love him and wouldn’t spend one second thinking bout leavin

As you try to win my heart over you
say things I hear when I lay my head on the pillow
next to his every night where I wanna stay
You tell me we could have our own fairytale
I know players like you, when the next pretty thang
comes along you’ll be gone trust me

No comments:

Post a Comment