Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Worry’s Love Affair with Me

Worry and I have been going round and round
in a dance similar to a new couple’s first trip around the dance floor
for weeks on end now and I’m getting tired of
Worry’s love affair with me
You’d think he’d get the message loud and clear
when his love for me went and continues to go unrequited, but
oh no it has only gotten worse

This love affair is very different from the one
I share with the true love of my life
This love affair is a nightmare I hope I can soon get out of
I wish I could cheat on Worry with the man I truly love
just so Worry the man who thinks he’s so in love with me
would leave me the hell alone

Sounds a little desperate I know but
If worry loves me as much as he seems to right now
he’ll let me go so I can get back to the life I had before we net
A life where happiness was priceless and
my spirit was free to sore

Worry doesn’t complement me on how beautiful
I am before taking me out on the town
Instead, he ties my stomach in knots for days
Worry doesn’t wrap me in his arms at night
just to reassure me everything will be alright
Instead, I lose sleep and wake to the pile of
stressors he leaves upon my shoulders each day

That’s it I’m calling it quits!
Worry’s love affair with me is over!!
I can’t take the pain you leave behind anymore
I know I’ll see you again but,
when you see me, please pretend
you don’t know me and
I’ll do the same

No comments:

Post a Comment