Friday, April 6, 2012

His Angel

Her name is one he can't stop speaking
I think to myself she must be the luckiest woman in the world
I mean look at him he's her rock when
she needs his strength but
he can be a big kid at other times
Visions of this woman I don't think I've ever met
find my head as he talks endlessly about his angel
He makes her sound like the perfect match for him

I think I’d like to meet her one day
Then I realize I know the woman
he can’t stop talking and or thinking about
I know her well her face stares back at me
every time I look in the mirror
If I’m his angel imperfect must be the new perfect but
I’ll take being his angel over not having him in my life any day

I never dreamed I’d mean the world to someone like him
Now that he’s here I’ll spend the rest of my life showing him
how much I love being the angel of his heart
As I think of where we’ve been over the years
I can’t wait to see where we’re going

No comments:

Post a Comment