Friday, June 22, 2012

What Am I to Learn?

In this life you gave me there have been
lessons I wish I never had to learn
Yet on the other side of darkness at least so far as I’ve seen
there has been a beautiful light of strength waiting to wrap itself around me
What am I to learn from the possibility of
this type of heartbreak though?
What am I to learn through the silent tears I cry
for her in the stillness of the night?

You’ve got all the answers I need
please answer the prayers of a daughter’s heart
You know I’d come back to you in a moment no questions asked and
give her back the life she gave me
If it meant her candle would never burn out
I know in time you’ll show me
what you want to teach me

Sometimes the anger I feel over the pain I may face
makes me want to run away from you
I just wish my family could be spared
You’ve taught me that wishes turned to prayers can come true
so I’ll keep praying because it’s all I can do

No comments:

Post a Comment