Monday, June 11, 2012

What She Taught Me


Over the past few weeks I’ve been asked a question
that makes me smile both inside and out
every time someone asks it
Who is the mother and who is the daughter?
I smile as I think it’s my turn to be there for her
the way she’s been there for me through the years
Even though I wish the situation she now faces was different
I believe as she does, she will receive her miracle soon

She has given me a mothering spirit and
taught me how to be strong when all I want is to let my tears fall
for the mother and best friend she is and always will be
If it seems like our roles have been reversed maybe they have but
I’m going to keep loving her with the same mothering spirit
even though she tells me I annoy her at times
I guess the mothering spirit comes with a side of over protectiveness but
I’m not changing anytime soon because that’s what she taught me

No comments:

Post a Comment