Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Your Broken Heart


Girl, I’ve sat where you sit many times before
In love with someone who doesn’t love you
the way you love them
You may not believe me, but
I’m truly sorry that you now have to pick up
the pieces of your broken heart and
try to move on finding someone who will
love you as you deserve to be loved

I can see why you love the man I often refer to as
the “Love of my life”   
I love him for some of the same reasons you do
He’s kind, caring as well as giving of the heart God gave him
He makes me laugh and when the tears start flowing
he’s there to wipe them away

I know all you want is to have
 a small taste of the love we share, but
I’m here to say you can’t have a taste from him and       
oh by the way, if he tells you
 I’m out of his system I’ll never be too far away

You had your chance my dear and
 if this were another time and place
you might be the one writing this poetic verse  
He chose me now all I want is to live in love
with all the happiness he and I have to share

I pray you find someone who will mend 
 your broken heart so you don’t play with
the fire you’ve been lucky not to touch yet, but
a word to the wise if you play with fire eventually
you’ll get burned

No comments:

Post a Comment