Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Broken Wing

I feel like the beautiful red robin
sitting on my window ledge
Singing what sounds like a beautiful yet heartbreaking melody
As her angelic notes reach my ear
I can’t help but wonder what has her so sad

Is it love gone wrong?
No, I say in answer to my own question it's a different kind of pain
Love should never hurt such a breathtaking creature
like herself
She seems to be pleading with someone
as If to say if you could just listen
I’ll tell you what’s bothering me

I’m here I tell her
Then I see the cause of all her grief
she has a broken wing and
like me she doesn’t want to depend on anyone but herself
I will only give you the help you need
I won’t take away your freedom
I promise her
You will be as good as new before you know it
then you can have the freedom
you need my friend

I realize the robin and I
want the same things
The freedom to be who we are
I hope I can be like her someday soon

No comments:

Post a Comment