Thursday, March 1, 2012

Isabella Destany

Where am I?
I ask sitting in a place so dark I
couldn’t even see my hand if it was in front of my face
No response to my question
All I hear are a little girl’s squeals
of pure delight
This must be a dream I realize


Then I see my love sitting right next to me
he smiles that evil but cute
smile I can’t help but love, yet says nothing
Suddenly the darkness lifts and
I’m shocked by what I see

The little girl whose squeals I heard
has the same blonde curls my love use to
I can’t see anymore of her features because
she has her back to me
I ask “Oh God could she be?”

Then I call her by the name I’ve had
in my heart if we should ever be blest
with a daughter

Isabella Destany; in an instant she turns and
says “Yes mommy!”
I can’t believe how beautiful she is
the spitting image of her dad
I know from that point on she is our little girl

I’ve had that dream a few times over the years
what I wouldn’t give for it to come true
Yet I know there is only one who knows
I’ll leave it up to Him

No comments:

Post a Comment