Friday, October 27, 2017

I Am

I am only human which means
I am subject to making mistakes
Sometimes those mistakes get repeated unintentionally but,
isn't that the very definition of what it means to be human?
I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be but,
I am learning this life is a never ending process

When my mistakes are repeated
I don't think my past should be
thrown back in my face
I don't throw your past back at you because
I know some of it hurts like hell
just like mine does
The shame I feel should be enough
of a scar to remind me of what went wrong

I wish you could see me for who I really am
Your sister who wants a relationship with you
Stop treating me as if I'm broken,
needing to be fixed because
it's breaking my spirit
You'll never know how much you've broken my heart
yet still I find the strength to love you

No comments:

Post a Comment