Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Won

It was like I won the lottery when
I opened my heart to you and
your Holy Spirit made his home there
Heck, these feelings I carry inside each day are better
than the high one receives from winning money
A high I never thought I'd feel again
after losing loved ones I thought
I never would   

I know, maybe I was sheltered
The pain I felt was like having
a thousand pound weight on my chest
This pain is the kind you never think will heal
that was until He let me know
He will turn all my pain into something of beauty

The joy I feel knowing He wakes me
in the morning to face another day
good, bad or somewhere between the two
makes me stronger despite what others may think
I won happiness and
freedom because
He laid His life down at the cross for me
I'm beyond grateful for His sacrifice
I have chosen to live and
will choose to live for Him because
He is more than worthy of that
sacrifice on my part

No comments:

Post a Comment