Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dream Lover

On several occasions over the past few months she’s been known to look into the night
 at the silvery beam piercing through a patch of misty haze that shimmers
 across the sky which appears like black velvet for miles
Her mind racing, filled with questions she doesn’t have answers to but
her heart longs for the answer to just one inquiry
Where is my dream lover?

I’m asking because he seems so far away and
no matter what I do I can’t seem to reach him
He stole my heart in my youth of yesterday and
I still love him as much as he loves me but I wonder
where his sweet side has gone
The side that won him the heart
he says he can’t and never wants to live without
I know our love has been tested a lot through the years but
I’ve questioned if time robbed us of the sweet young love we once shared?

Oh God I’d give anything to have our days of young love returned
You must’ve heard this poem being written in my heart for days because
you gave us the answer we needed
He and I opened up to one another like
we haven’t done for sometime
When all was said and done
we both promised we would forever keep
  the lines of communication open
I have my dream lover back
I couldn’t be happier  

No comments:

Post a Comment