Monday, August 15, 2011

It’s Not Serious


She goes to work grinning from ear to ear and
her eyes  have an electric sparkle I’ve only seen a few times in my life 
She tells anyone who will listen, she misses her baby
They’ve known each other for a little over six years now
You should see her face light up like a school girl’s when
she gets a text message from him and or his number pops up on her caller ID
As far as I know she spends some of her free time with her prince charming
as every new couple should
Yet she claims it’s not serious

Come on I’m not new to this game called love
I use to use the,” it’s not serious” explanation
to avoid the pain of being separated from the one I love
I’ll be the first to say denying what the heart wants
can be the greatest regret one will ever have
Why should we or anyone have to live with that regret?
 I’m happy for you and you deserve all the love he has to give 

No comments:

Post a Comment