Thursday, August 25, 2011

Try


She never expected the one she loves to act so immature
Telling her he doesn’t understand why she’d want to be friends
with a man that tore her heart in two
when she was young and in love with a dream that never would come true
A dream that turned her life upside down for  a time  

The truth is over the years through God’s words
she has learned to forgive the one who once broke her teenaged heart
If not for him then for herself because she
 can’t allow the heartache his honesty caused
to hang like a dark cloud  full of rain over her life
He has now become like an older brother to her
Isn’t her forgiving heart one of the many reasons you
fell in love with her in the first place?

She’s never asked you
The one she gave her heart to
 to choose between herself and your friends
Why does it seem as if you’re saying
“Do as I say not as I do?”    
Love please don’t make me choose because
I’m telling you now you
might not like the decision I make   

I know you’ll never be his biggest fan but
like me you need to  forgive him
If not for him then for yourself
I understand how you feel but
my heart was the one left with scars
Scars ripped open every time you bring his name and
 the phrase he broke your heart up
all I’m asking is that you try to get along for me
because I’ll always love you both
Him as a brother and you as a
Well you know how I feel!   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment