Friday, October 21, 2011

At Sunset

 

It has been one of those days
You know the kind everyone’s been there before
The kind where she wonders why she even got out of bed
an all too familiar question begins creeping into her head
Why me lord, why now?
She’s teetering on the brink of losing her mind but
instead she is writing this poem to calm her nerves
which are all but frayed and all she wants to do is scream


It’s so frustrating knowing the world is full of people
who just don’t care
She wonders how some people can treat others
who give so much as if they are replaceable
As she sits here she has one question
Do you have a heart?


Put yourself in the shoes of others
before you act so rude
Would you act that way if the tables were turned on you?
Well you had my day but
you will not have my night because
at sunset I intend to forget about you
at least until tomorrow
Then I have faith God will guide me through
just as he did today

No comments:

Post a Comment