Monday, October 10, 2011

If I Should


One day out of the blue, she finds an envelope her other half left on the table

as she picks it up and starts to run after him

 she reads the message on the outside

It read, “To the woman I love with all my heart, only read this if I should..”

She is unaware in that moment tears have slowly begun

cascading down her cheeks as she thinks to herself

God, I love this man, what would I do if he came home to you before I did?

she brushed that sad thought away just as quickly as it formed

Even though her curiosity as to what was inside

could’ve killed the cat so to speak

she follows his wishes and

 puts the unopened envelope away for safe keeping



As the years fly by; she and her beloved

have lived a life most couples only dream of

They always made sure anyone who knew them

knew they felt blest to have one another in their lives 

Yet they have also weathered many a storm together

as many had done previously and

 would continue to do after they met God



Now she’s facing a life without him 

At least a life she’s use to

Shortly after his journey to heaven

 she reflects back upon the life they shared

In a flash she remembers the envelope

she put away for safe keeping all those years before

Wondering what words of wisdom he wanted to share with her at this time

 she retrieves the envelope

the unread letter still inside 



As she held the envelope in her hands she again reads the outside

“To the woman I love with all my heart, only read this if I should..”

 She opens it and reads the letter he wrote: 

My Dearest Love,

The life we shared was like heaven

You a strong angel from Him

one He sent to earth  just for me 

I was not scared to come home because

now I am your angel, your angel I will always be

 When you need me I’ll be there



I know you feel lost and alone and

your heartbeat doesn’t quite sound the same

without mine beating in unison

I am so sorry that’s the saddest part about this journey you’re now on

God and I are watching over you and we’ll give you the strength

you need to make it through   



Well my love you may not be able to see me or

touch me like you once did but

you and I will learn  how to love one another beyond the

miles of time and space  between us

Never forget true love doesn’t disappear when

earthly bonds are broken and replaced with heavenly ones

I love you so much and that will never change


No comments:

Post a Comment